Ginger Halibut with Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Summer is coming to an end, but here in Florida, that doesn't mean much. We still have a few more months of summer weather. It's not too late for the rest of the country to enjoy a delicious citrusy fish dish! The halibut is seasoned with fresh ginger and lemon. With only 234 calories and served with Brussels sprouts, this meal is sure to delight and keep you on track to reach your health goals.
Prep / Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 halibut fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, halved (about 2.5 cups)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced lengthwise
- Lemon slices for garnishing
1. Brush halibut with lemon juice then sprinkle with minced ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
2. Place fish on an oiled grill rack (skin side down). Grill, covered, on medium (or broil 6 in. from heat) until fish begins to flake easily (6-8 minutes).
* You can also cook on a stove in a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large skillet, boil water over medium-high and then add in Brussels sprouts, pepper flakes, and remaining salt (optional). Cook, covered, until tender (5-7 minutes).
4. While the sprouts are cooking, spray a small skillet generously with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium. Add garlic and cook until golden brown.
5. Serve halibut with Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with garlic. Garnish with lemon slices.