Roman-Style Chicken Recipe
This Roman-style chicken recipe has 266 calories per serving and 28 grams of protein! This is an awesome post work out meal that you can also save for lunch the next day. As we get closer to winter, warm yourself up with this hearty meal!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, with ribs
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, with bones
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, plus 1 teaspoon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15-once) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Spray a large skillet generously with non-stick spray. Place chicken in pan over medium heat. Cook until browned on both sides; set aside.
2. Remove chicken from pan, spray the skillet again and place over medium heat. Add pepper and prosciutto, cook about 5 minutes. Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 more minute.
3. Add tomatoes, herbs, stock and chicken to skillet; bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stir in parsley and capers; serve!