Turkey-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Instant pots help make dinner an easy and quick process. Stuffed peppers are great for any day of the week and the kids will love them too! Don't fret if you don't have an Instant Pot; you can also make this recipe in a Dutch oven instead!
If you're going to use an Instant Pot, you can skip below to the ingredients section. If you're going to use a Dutch oven, keep reading. Preheat your oven to 350°F, make the peppers as instructed below, place 1/2 cup of water in your Dutch oven and cover then bake until cooked through (about 45-50 minutes).
Active Time: 31 Minutes | Total Time: 48 Minutes
- 4 large multicolored bell peppers, tops cut off and chopped, peppers hallowed and seeded
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup cooked cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce, divided (preferably Walden Farms Zero Calorie Tomato & Basil Sauce)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1-ounce grated vegan cheese (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
1. Mix to combine the following ingredients: chopped pepper tops with ground turkey, cauliflower rice, onion, vegan cheese, parsley, tomato paste, salt, pepper, egg, and garlic.
2. Scoop about 1 cup ground turkey mixture into each pepper. Pour 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of Instant Pot.
3. Place a rack in the pot, place peppers on rack, cover each pepper top with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce. Cover and cook on high pressure 15 minutes, natural release.
4. Open lid and top with a pinch of vegan cheese, cover and let melt (about 2 minutes).