This is a healthy and delicious twist to traditional spinach artichoke dip. With far fewer calories and fat, you won't feel bad when you finish the entire dip on your own. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables that you can eat because it's packed with powerful antioxidants, calcium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C.
Prep 10 min | Total 40 min
- 1 1/2 cups thawed, squeezed and chopped frozen kale (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thawed and roughly chopped frozen artichoke hearts (about 2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- Multi-grain corn tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Combine kale, artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup of the Swiss cheese, milk, cream cheese, Worcestershire, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic, and all but 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan in a medium bowl.
Transfer to a 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Swiss cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly golden.
Let it set for 5 minutes and serve with tortilla chips.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
102 calories | 5 g fat (3 saturated) | 6 g carbs | 3 g sugar | 1 g fiber | 9 g protein